Pages

Allcocks "Lucky Strike" Restoration

A couple of seasons back I started restoring this Allcocks 'Lucky Strike' split cane rod. I purchased it on the bay for cheap. I was lucky. A nice example of a classic rod. A rod I have always wanted to own, an all round float fishing rod to give me hours of enjoyment Roach fishing. There is nothing quite like feeling the tension of split cane when into a nice fish. All the sections are straight and are of their original length. The cork handle is good. The name badge is mostly intact. The cane is not stained or marked in any way. The varnish came off with no problems whatsoever (the best part) I have the yellow silk thread and the eyes ready to go. The problem is the top section ferrel is split and needs replacing. The reason it was put aside. The time has now arrived to find the ferrule. The originals are hard to find if not impossible. with shaking hand I may have to dig deep and purchase new.